Investment Adviser and Financial Company Cyber Solutions
Investment advisers and other firms in the financial industry may have trouble keeping up with the quickly changing statutes and regulations governing data security. As regulator expectations for data security rise, it is easy to get behind on routine tasks like employee network security training, vendor due diligence, and system testing. Fairview Cyber offers comprehensive data security support because we understand the challenges firms face meeting all the requirements.
Fairview Cyber can help your firm secure sensitive data and prepare you to answer regulators’ questions about your cybersecurity program. We provide businesses the support they need by addressing four key components of data security: employee training, vendor due diligence, policies and procedures, and detailed documentation.
We will create a customized plan to take your firm to the next level of data security. We offer full-service and a la carte options to support your business. Take a look at our services below or contact us today for more information. See below for more in-depth information about our service offerings:
CYBER AND DATA SECURITY TESTING
We will test the effectiveness of your firm’s data security and provide documentation to help you close the gaps.
- Review quarterly reports produced by your firm’s managed service provider
- Lead and document annual disaster recovery and incident response plan tabletop exercises
- Prepare documented reviews, as required by your firm’s policies and procedures
- Prepare an annual report of testing conducted throughout the year
VENDOR MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Stay up-to-date on how other businesses are handling your and your clients’ information.
- Support establishment of a new management program and provide long-term implementation services, or
- Assist in maintaining client’s vendor existing management program
- Maintain an approved vendor list on behalf of client
- Perform remote vendor due diligence reviews to evaluate operational and data security risks
- Provide a well-documented summary of review results
- Lead and maintain minutes for the firm’s annual vendor due diligence review
- Complete, onsite vendor due diligence reviews (optional)
Train and test employees on how to avoid threats to your network.
- Deploy mock phishing campaigns to employees
- Coordinate ongoing employee training, including reports of results on regular cyber calls
- Establish and implement a training program for employees who click on simulated phishing emails
EXTERNAL SCAN (PENETRATION TEST)
Evaluate whether your data is truly safe with outside networks.
- Conduct or coordinate external network scan
- Provide detailed outline of review parameters
- Provide steps on action necessary to remediate any vulnerabilities identified in the scan
- Record and document findings of assessments and action taken to resolve vulnerabilities